The new year is almost twenty days away and now is the time to make sure you don’t give up on the fitness resolutions you enthusiastically made on the first day of the year. The struggle is not just to start exercising but to maintain one’s fitness regime and continue exercising regularly. Rohit Shelatkar, Fitness and Nutrition Expert, VP Vitabiotics Limited, says, “2024 has begun and many of us are trying to start a healthy lifestyle with fitness as a priority. Whether you’re waiting to shed those extra kilos or just fit into your old jeans. Want, the important thing is to create realistic and achievable goals. Aim for steady progress rather than quick transitions.”
Don’t Give Up on Your Fitness Goals: Tips for Staying Consistent
Looking to lose weight? Or trying to keep off the kilos you’ve worked off? Rohit Shelatkar shares five essential tips to help you stay on track and achieve your fitness goals:
1. Start modestly and sustainably: Starting your fitness journey slowly and steadily is a smart choice. Set achievable fitness goals in 2024 by combining a healthy lifestyle and balancing your daily diet. For example, if your goal is to lose kilos, start with cardio exercises like walking 6000 steps a day, jogging, cycling or swimming. If you haven’t done strength training before, start doing it twice a week. Gradually increase the regimen and maintain it.
2. Eat a balanced diet: When you’re on a fitness journey, having a balanced diet is paramount. Include nutrient-dense foods such as whole grains, lean protein, green leafy vegetables, seasonal fruits and nuts. Additionally, cut back on sugary drinks and cut down on processed foods.
3. Choose a game: Incorporating sports will help you maintain both your mental and physical health. It also reduces your stress levels. Any type of sports improves blood circulation throughout the body. Engaging in physical activity can increase breathing while engaging the body’s muscles. It significantly increases your strength, stamina, endurance and ability to develop lean muscle mass. Football, badminton, cricket, squash and table tennis are among the favorite sports that can be chosen.
4. Make it fun with a support system: Find a family member or friend who shares a similar interest in fitness. This will help you stay motivated and constantly motivated on your journey. Share your progress, celebrate accomplishments together, and lean on each other during challenging times. Group workouts or classes can add a social element to your fitness routine, making it more enjoyable.
5. Stay hydrated and well rested: Hydration is something that is often underestimated. Make a habit of sipping plenty of water throughout the day. Make sure you have a restful night’s sleep as well. Our bodies rejuvenate and heal during the process, and these are essential to reaching our fitness goals.
“Remember, consistency is king. Sticking to your fitness routine and following it regularly will help you achieve your goals. Applying these tips will not only help you achieve your fitness aspirations but also contribute to a healthier and more sustainable lifestyle,” says Shelatkar. ..